In the interest of helping protect public health during the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic, Zumbrota Veterinary Clinic has implemented the following changes in appointment policies. As the pandemic is an evolving process, so too may our policies evolve based on unfolding events. Be sure to check back to this website or call us for updated information.
- We continue to be open for business to serve the medical needs of our patients.
- As a medical facility, we have strict disinfection protocols to limit the spread of infectious disease.
- All patient/owner visits will structured as "curbside visits":
CURBSIDE VISIT PROTOCOL:
- Upon arrival in our parking lot, call our main number 507-732-7301.
- One of our technicians will get a medical history about your pet by phone, then meet you at your car and escort your pet into the clinic.
- For surgical and dental appointments, the procedures will be performed during the morning of the appointment, and the DVM and/or technician staff will keep you up to date with the progress. We will also communicate with you about pick-up times.
- For wellness visits and medical appointments, the doctor will examine your pet, then communicate findings, recommended diagnostic tests and treatment plans with you once again by phone. Estimates of costs of services will be communicated at this time as well.
- The doctor will then proceed with the approved treatment plan.
- For all patient visits, the clinic staff will make arrangements for payment by phone, then escort your pet back to you in the parking lot.
- This protocol will also cover visits that do not involve the DVM, such as technician appointments, food/medication pick-up, etc.
Zumbrota Veterinary Clinic wants to support you as you navigate the rapidly changing news about the COVID-19 virus. In order to help us address pet owner questions, Mark Rishniw, BVSc, PhD, DACVIM (SA-IM), DACVIM (CA), a VIN consultant, has published an article of frequently asked questions and resources to help people understand the risk to them and their pets. The article is available on Veterinary Partner, a trusted source of information powered by VIN.
The link to review the article is: